Makrwatch engineers develop next-generation solutions that improve how brands discover, evaluate, and collaborate with YouTube creators. Our products handle massive amounts of information and process video, audio and text to discover insights and patterns that help brands understand their audience and how creators can interact better with them. We are looking to utilize many areas of computer science, such as artificial intelligence, natural language processing, large-scale system design, big data processing and visualization, and user interface design, among others.
As a software engineer, you work with a small team and challenge yourself to solve complex projects that help our startup build an industry, challenge incumbents, and achieve results that traditionally required large teams. We need our engineers to be communicative, resourceful, fast learners, creative, and enthusiastic about using the latest technologies to create solutions that multiply our customers success. With your technical expertise you manage individual projects’ priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of classification and optimization problems, e.g. click-through rate prediction, click-fraud detection, image recognition, search ranking, text/sentiment classification, collaborative filtering/recommendation, or spam detection. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to some of the most exciting and massive social data and prediction problems that exist in influencer marketing.
Makrwatch, launched less than 2 years ago, already has multiple media agencies and brands using it to improve their collaborations with YouTube creators. We believe video will grow exponentially over the coming years and content creators will continue to challenge mass media as we know it. Together we will help marketing evolve to become more transparent, sustainable, and focused on improving people’s lives.
- Develop highly-scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules-based models
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU).
- Design, build, and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to extract, transform, load, and analyze data.
- Architect, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to our customers.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Suggest, collect, and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmaps
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, big data, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, and/or developing large software systems.
- Coding ability with Python and Bash
- 2+ years of Software Architecture experience
- 2+ years of Java and/or Python development experience is necessary
- 2+ years of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc) experience is required
- Ability to learn new software, frameworks and APIs
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English. Proficiency level C1 or C2.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group, and cross-culture collaboration
- Deep knowledge in Real-time event streaming and the Lambda Architecture
- Experience with Kafka and the Confluent platform
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Spark or MapReduce/BigTable/EMR
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, computer vision, speech recognition, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience working remotely.
- Salary Range: 20k - 36k per year.
- Equity: 1% vested over 4 years. If our company is acquired for over 50 million, this can be worth around $500,000 or more.
- Autonomy - We are a small, 7 person company, this means you’ll have a ton of responsibility from day 1!
- Complete location independence - Pick any place of work you want within the GMT-9 and GMT+3 time zones!
- Schedule flexibility - Night owl? Morning Lark? Work whenever you feel most productive!
- Remote office compensation - Trying to improve your remote life? We’ll give you a budget every month to facilitate it!
- 32 days of vacation per year - Decide when you take your vacation!
- Study Time - We know you won’t be an expert on everything you need to overcome every single challenge. That is why we offer 20% study time!
- Yearly retreat - Once a year, we fly everyone to an exotic destination in order to plan the company’s strategy for the year. It is also an excellent opportunity for everyone to be together and get to know each other better.
- Tech Help - We provide different plans that assist you in acquiring all the necessary technology for the job!
At Makrwatch we learn from our differences, embrace them and are grateful for them, as they benefit our employees, our customers and our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.